Please note our Covid policy for this coming winter – 1st December 2020 to 30th April 2021.
These conditions are in place for any Covid related cancellations in the 4 weeks leading up to your lesson date and will prevail over our normal cancellation policies (as per our normal terms any lesson cancelled with more than 4 weeks’ notice is fully refundable.)
If your holiday is cancelled, or unable to happen, due to ANY of the following reasons then we will refund 90% of the amount paid with the remaining 10% being offered as a credit towards any future booking made with us after this event.
- If the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (or equivalent in your country of residence) advise against travel (including non-essential travel) to France – https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france.
- If you are required to quarantine either upon arrival in resort or upon your return home due to laws and regulations of the French or your own Government;
- If the accommodation you have booked in resort has been forced to close due to the laws and regulations of the French Government or by any other local or public authority;
- If France has closed its borders or is otherwise denying entry to visitors.
Please note: the above reasons must be in place at the time that your holiday is due to take place and we cannot make any final decision until the date of travel to resort is due.
Marmalade Ski School Terms and Conditions
- All bookings with Marmalade Ski School hereafter referred to as “Marmalade” are subject to these conditions
- The contract of coaching is between the client and the instructor whilst the contract of management of booking and administration is between the client and Marmalade.
- No contract will exist until Marmalade has issued a receipt or email accepting payment.
- Prices are correct as of time of booking. Prices may be subject to revision at any time but will not affect the price given at the time of confirmed booking.
- All products offered by Marmalade whether coaching, teaching, group, private or guiding are for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions hereafter referred to as “Lessons”.
- Unless otherwise arranged with Marmalade, all lessons are to be paid in full at the time of invoice by bank transfer or by debit/credit card.
- Most sporting activities have an element of danger and skiing is no exception. Please ensure that you are adequately covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance policy, including off-piste.
- We do not insure our clients. You are obliged to insure yourself for third party liability.
- All prices quoted by Marmalade and paid for by you are for coaching only. You must arrange and pay for separately all other potential costs connected with the lesson, for example, any equipment hire, lift passes, accommodation and the correct and adequate insurance policies.
- In the event of cancellation by the client for whatever reason reimbursement will be calculated as follows-
- Bookings cancelled with 28 or more days’ notice: 100% reimbursement.
- Bookings cancelled with 14 – 27 days’ notice: 50% reimbursement.
- Bookings cancelled with 8 – 13 days’ notice: 10% reimbursement.
- Bookings cancelled with less than 8 days’ notice: 0% reimbursement.
- Cancellations may be made in email or by telephone. The date of cancellation is deemed to be the date the cancellation is received by Marmalade and not the date sent by the client. Only cancellations that have been acknowledged, in writing, as received by Marmalade will be honoured.
- Please refer to our Covid policy at the top of this page which is in place for the coming winter 2020/202. These conditions are in place and will prevail our normal T&C’s for Covid related cancellations.
- The coach will wait a maximum of 30 minutes from the start time of a private lesson at the arranged meeting point unless notified by the client.
- The coach will wait a maximum of 5 minutes from the start time of a group lesson at the arranged meeting point unless notified by the client.
- In the event that late arrival leads to a missed lesson the conditions under “Missed Lessons” will apply.
- There are no refunds or substituted lessons if a client misses a lesson for whatever reason.
- If a lesson has to be cancelled due to Coach injury or illness, we will endeavour to provide a substituted lesson. If this is not possible a full refund will be given. If Marmalade or the instructor are unable to provide our services due to something outside of our control we will not give a refund, but we are happy to provide a letter for your insurance company.
- Although we would like to control the weather, we cannot be held responsible for things outside of our control, such as bad weather, piste or lift closure. If we are unable to provide our services due to something outside of our control we will not give a refund but we are happy to provide a letter for your insurance company.
- We will not cancel lessons due to lift closures, weather or snow conditions.
- Clients should ensure that adequate insurance cover is in place to guard against such situations.
Collection of Children
- Parents / Guardians / Appropriate adults must make themselves known to the instructor who will be teaching their child. It is the responsibility of the client to be on-time to collect their children after the lesson. To take into the possibility of arriving late please ensure that you are at the arranged meeting point early.
- For reasons of safety if a client is unable to ski at the level described for their course then they will not be allowed to be part of the course. If in any doubt, please ask at the time of booking. In this instance no refund and no substituted lessons will be given.
- The level of skiing will be assessed by the instructor and their decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into. If in any doubt, please ask at the time of booking.
- Please note that we require a minimum of 4 people in a group for it to run as advertised. We can still run our courses with less than 4 but on the following basis:
- 1 person booked – 3 x 3hr sessions.
- 2 people booked – 5 x 3hr sessions.
- 3 people booked – 5 x 4hr sessions.
- To the extent permitted by law, Marmalade or the coach will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the this website.
- Marmalade makes no warranty that the functionality of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- You agree to indemnify and hold Marmalade and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against the Company arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this website.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English.