Marmalade Ski School Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings with Marmalade Ski School hereafter referred to as “Marmalade” are
subject to these conditions
2. The contract of coaching is between the client and the coach whilst the contract of
management of booking and administration is between the client and Marmalade.
3. No contract will exist until Marmalade has issued a receipt or email accepting payment.
4. Prices are correct as of time of booking. Prices may be subject to revision at any time
but will not affect the price given at the time of confirmed booking.
5. All products offered by Marmalade whether coaching, teaching, group, private or
guiding are for the purposes of these Terms and Conditions hereafter referred to as
6. All lessons are to be paid in full at the time of invoice by bank transfer, cheque or by
card. (Please be aware there is a 3% surcharge on all card payments)
7. Most sporting activities have an element of danger and skiing is no exception. Please
ensure that you are adequately covered by a comprehensive winter sports insurance
policy, including off-piste.
8. We do not insure our clients. You are obliged to insure yourself for third party liability.
9. All prices quoted by Marmalade and paid for by you are for coaching only. You must
arrange and pay for separately all other potential costs connected with the lesson, for
example, any equipment hire, lift passes, accommodation and insurance.
10. In the event of cancellation by the client for whatever reason reimbursement will be
calculated as follows:
Bookings cancelled with 14 – 27 days notice: 50% reimbursement. Bookings cancelled
with 8 – 13 days notice: 10% reimbursement. Bookings cancelled with less than 8 days
notice: 0% reimbursement.
11. Cancellations may be made in writing or by telephone. The date of cancellation is
deemed to be the date the cancellation is received by Marmalade and not the date sent
by the client. Only cancellations that have been acknowledged, in writing, as received
by Marmalade will be honored.
12. The coach will wait a maximum of 30 minutes from the start time of a private lesson at
the arranged meeting point unless notified by the client.
13. The coach will wait a maximum of 5 minutes from the start time of a group lesson at the
arranged meeting point unless notified by the client.
14. In the event that late arrival leads to a missed lesson the conditions under “Missed
Lessons” will apply.
15. There are no refunds or substituted lessons if a client misses a lesson for whatever
16. If a lesson has to be cancelled due to Coach injury or illness we will endeavour to
provide a substituted lesson. If this is not possible a full refund will be given. If
Marmalade or the coach are unable to provide our services due to something outside of
our control we will not give a refund, but we are happy to provide a letter for your
17. Although we would like to control the weather, we cannot be held responsible for things
outside of our control, such as bad weather, piste or lift closure. If we are unable to
provide our services due to something outside of our control we will not give a refund,
but we are happy to provide a letter for your insurance company.
18. We will not cancel lessons due to lift closures, weather or snow conditions.
19. Clients should ensure that adequate insurance cover is in place to guard against such
The Youth and Rippers – Conditions
20. Youths and Rippers must be a minimum of 10 years old at the time the course is to
commence and a maximum of 17 years old.
21. Youths and Rippers must have already attained the Crystal Diamond from an ESI
school, or the ESF Gold or an equivalent level.
22. The adult making the booking on behalf of the child must ensure that the above
conditions are met. If either condition is not met, the coach will, for reasons of safety,
refuse to allow the child to be part of the lesson. In this instance no refund and no
substituted lessons will be given. If in any doubt please ask at the time of booking.
23. The level of skiing will be assessed by the coach and their decision will be final. No
correspondence will be entered into.
24. We aim to run the Ripper’s and Youth weeks during the main school holidays.
We will endeavor to run Ripper’s and Youth weeks whenever possible. Ideally we
would like 3 to make a group run as advertised. If there are only 2 booked in for a
Youth/Ripper week then the week will still go ahead but can only be run for 3 hours a
day Monday – Friday. Unfortunately we cannot run a group with only one.
Collection of Children
25. Parents / Guardians / Appropriate adults must make themselves known to the instructor
who will be teaching their child. It is the responsibility of the client to be on-time to
collect their children after the lesson. To take into the possibility of arriving late please
ensure that you are at the arranged meeting point 15 minutes early.
Adult Group Clinics – Conditions
26. Adults must be able to ski blue runs in parallel and in control. For reasons of safety if a
client is unable to ski at this level they will not be allowed to be part of the lesson. If in
any doubt please ask at the time of booking. In this instance no refund and no
substituted lessons will be given.
27. The level of skiing will be assessed by the coach and their decision will be final. No
correspondence will be entered into. If in any doubt please ask at the time of booking.
28. We aim to run the Adult Group Clinics during the main school holidays.
We will endeavor to run Group Performance Clinics whenever possible. Ideally we
would like 3 to make a group run as described. If there are only 2 booked in for a clinic
then the clinic will still go ahead but can only be run for 2 hours a day instead of 3.
Unfortunately we cannot run a group with only one.
29. To the extent permitted by law, Marmalade or the coach will not be liable for any
indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of
business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the
30. Marmalade makes no warranty that the functionality of the website will be uninterrupted
or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the website or the server that makes
it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
31. You agree to indemnify and hold Marmalade and its employees and agents harmless
from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in
relation to any claims or actions brought against the Company arising out of any breach
by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this
32. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English